meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: Gloomy Day + An Awkward Situation

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gloomy Day + An Awkward Situation

Today seems to be a gloomy day. It's dark and rainy, I took a U.S. History test and classes seemed to drag on longer than normal today. What makes it even better is that I have yet to attend my four hour night class, where we learn about the stars. The best part about that class is Professor Muscutariu, an elderly hairless gentleman in his 60's from Romania. He speaks English, mind you, in bits and pieces. My favorite moments are when his brain freezes as he is searching frantically for the correct English words. This is often accompanied by a gaping mouth and a stare off behind our heads. I will try to obtain some pictures of this man whenever possible.





So I haven't played Battlefield in a week, due to the outrageously slow internet connection our school generously provides. So today, I'm on and suddenly it speeds up! Hark! Then Luke jumps on during his lunch break, and I'm like NO WAY! And then we get into a level, and we both make it into a 2 seater attack chopper, (which basically never happens.) Holy crap! What are the chances!? And then my phone rings, and I already know who it's going to be, and I'm placed in one of the most awkward situations I've been in in a long time. Sarabeth returned my call right at that moment. Now guys, what would you have done? I mean seriously. I hadn't played in a week! I felt really bad because she went to have dinner with her Grandparents at 5:00, and I have night class from 6-10 so it was basically saying, yeah, we might not hang out today. So now, I feel like schmuck (I can hear SB apologizing already, lol) Dang. Well just goes to show you that the only good thing that can come from video games is reaction time. But she still rocks my socks. And she looks amazing in this pic, like she usually does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life has quite the dilemnas doesn't it. Like should I have the cafeteria Kung Pao or the Tortellini. Should I watch the Superbowl or read Hamlet. Why must it always be "or". As a much beloved musical put it, (slightly less than wisely).
Must it all be either less or more,
Either plain or grand?
Is it always "or"?
Is it never "and"?
Just remembering you've had and "and",
When you're back to "or",
Makes the "or" mean more
Than it did before.
Now you understand Joey! And it's time to leave the woods...er...battlefield...er...internetblogstermr....blast!

Anonymous said...

I take no responsibility what so ever in contributing to this heinous offence. I did how ever have fun, I rarely get to play before 10pm. I should take lunch breaks more often.

Anonymous said...

sarabeth, I'm proud of you for knowing about the "ping" you must inform me sometime, as I get out dorked by the guys way too often, and I need to refresh my vocab.

Joe Clarke said...

Ping is the name of a computer network tool used on TCP/IP networks (such as the Internet). It provides a basic test of whether a particular host is operating properly and is reachable on the network from the testing host. Ping provides estimates of the round-trip time and packet loss rate between hosts. It works by sending ICMP “echo request” packets to the target host and listening for replies (ICMP “echo response” packets).