meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: Unequally yoked...Tennis

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Unequally yoked...Tennis

In the Bible 2 Corinthians 6:14 says:"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?" (KJV).

I couldn't think of a better verse to describe my tennis partner. If you know me at all, you know that I am very competitive, especially when it comes to sports and games. So when I am practicing tennis, I would love to have someone who is about my skill level to sort of spar with. However, this is not the case. My tennis partner cannot throw, catch, swing, or otherwise make a fluid motion with her racket. I found myself trying extremely hard to be cheerful and say whoops and such, but I can only do that so many times before I get frustrated that I spend my tennis class running after her mistakes. Should I really go that far to ask to be switched?!?! NO says I. That would be rude, plus this is teaching me patients. And then we start playing again...

Talk about unequally yoked. And for myself, talk about impatient. Maybe I should learn to wait and remember that not everyone can be superstars at everything. (I'm by no means implying that I am a superstar at everything, you should see my golf swing, boy is that a joke).

Lebronnnnnnnnn JAmmmmmeeeesssssss it's a series now. 2-2. GO CAVS!!!!

2 comments:

WJZ said...

I can think of nothing more enjoyable right now than playing tennis with you, my friend. I'm guessing we're probably about the same level and I get addicted to the game every time I play it (which really isn't that often). I need to call you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad God is teaching you patients.

Maybe you could ask him for a little patience, too.

You're a superstar in my book, JOE!