meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: Christmas Conference Continues

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Conference Continues

Well I have officially finished the second main session and one other workshop on “Dating by Faith”. I really liked the speaker from the Dating by Faith, I didn’t really hear anything new, but the guy was really funny. I suppose it’s a good thing to have the really important stuff beat into my thick skull as much as possible. I must say the main sessions are really very good, but mental memo for tomorrow morning: brew the coffee that they give you for free. You need it for the 9:00 AM session. I also greatly enjoy just taking part in a conference and not attending the ever productive and informative staff meetings. To be quite honest, there are parts of the worship that I really enjoy and parts that I do not. The drummer is this 60 year old Arnold Schwarzenegger look-alike with nearly perfect rhythm and an endless amount of fills. The rest of the group is great, but the leader just lacks something. He seems nervous sometimes. That really makes me uncomfortable. He should take some lessons from Todd Proctor. Makes me miss the BNYC worship, I really think they do a better job. We’ll see how that goes. Little bit of drama within our group, SB went up against the staff in protesting a $13 mandatory dinner and sort of got told her opinion didn’t matter. We shall see how that unfolds. So far the experience has been great and I’m looking forward to what God will be doing in my life. I wish I had pictures for you all, but I gave my 512 MB card to my little brother for a Christmas gift, so I am without. Rock on.

No comments: