meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: What in the world is going on in my history class..

Monday, September 25, 2006

What in the world is going on in my history class..

This class is crazy. I sit here and cross check everything my history prof with against Wikipedia, and most of the time it's correct and I sound really smart when I talk. It's really just not fair when I have a gargantuan database of articles linked to everything you could possibly want to know. It's absolutely crazy. This class is about the DEEP SAAAOUUUTH. Otherwise known as the Deep South for us "Yankee carpetbagger". It's an interesting thing, and I'm not going to lie, typing notes still makes me sound like a genius. Even though I'm just blogging here. I just learned that Cockfighting is legal in 4 states in the US, and there are also several magazines titled: Grit and Steel, The Feathered Warrior, and The Game Cock. Yikes. One trainer said, "Theys as many kindss a roostas they is dawgs. You gotsta breed them for speed and powah". When fighting time comes, the breeder puts his bird through conditioning and feeding. Each bird is weighed, tagged and put against a bird in it's weight class. Just before the fight, handlers attach gaffs (razors). A pit for fighting usually measures 20' in diameter. When the referee says, "BILL YOUR BIRDS", they peck at eachother. When the ref says get ready, they put them on the ground. When they say PIT, they release their birds and they fly at eachother and claw vicisouly. They fight until one dies, or one stops pecking. The most popular type of fight is the derby, known as the "Cock Derby". Every rooster owner pays a fee, and the victorious rooster at the end leaves a massive winning for it's owner. The owners insist that cockfighting is an honorable fighting end for a rooster, as opposed to a simple egg laying hen lifestyle. Owners even hold such things as, "Cock Conventions".

What...the heck.

No comments: