meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: The never-ending mind puzzle

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The never-ending mind puzzle


I took this picture while driving. Doesn't it just makes you think? I remember reading an incredible book called "Boy meets Girls" last year, about relationships, different views on dating and other relationships. Makes me wonder where she is and what she's doing. Now it's no mystery that every guy ponders this, but it's just a question of how seriously they think, wish and hope to find the exact person for them. I mean, every time I tell myself that this person exists and is breathing and running around, I get all excited inside. Then comes the part where I remind myself that I probably don't even know her yet. Then I sit back and let that sink in. I guess what really hits me deep is when I'm in church and I'll see some very content looking couples sitting, listening and learning from pastor. It makes me say, "OK, 4 of my best friends are married. So uhh..." Right, I know that's crazy and it's the exception to the rule, but still it doesn't stop the empty feeling in my gut. God only knows when that sinking stomach syndrome will turn into a confident smile, or even start to disappear. So supposedly there are some single beautiful intelligent Christian girls still alive in this world. I can only find myself skeptical of that statement at this point in my life. Any ideas, suggestions? I mean, do I smell bad or something? Maybe I'm like a tiki torch, and these girls I seek are like mosquitoes which just never approach my area. OK that's a bad analogy, but you get what I'm saying. I'll maybe I'll switch deodorant to the Christian version of TAG. It seems to work in the commercials.

Currently Playing
Weezer: Beverly Hills

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this entry. I think about that all the time...well you know what I mean...it is kind of the other way around. I think of it in terms of which guy God has planned for me. And every time a guy i really like turns me down ( which happens everytime..no joke) I tell myself that God has someone even better than this person planned for me. Which is really hard to imagine when you are stuck on the fact that this time they really are the best you have ever met. So whenever I am about to get upset with God for not allowing the guys I like to feel the same way, I smile instead of get upset, because I know now that God has someone even better for me! Better than I can imagine.

Anonymous said...

"Boy meets Girl" is definitely a great book, so is "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric and Leslie Ludy, if you haven't read it I recommend it. Both books have given me a lot of insight on God's desires for relationships and keeping Him in the center of it- it's the only way. It's awesome to think that as God is preparing each of us for that future relationship leading to marriage He is also preparing that "special someone". His timing is perfect- I've seen it in some of my friends marriages, it's amazing. Just keep your focus on the Lord- the plans He has are far greater then we could ever imagine (Ephsians 3:20)

And don't worry...you don't smell bad- lol.

Anonymous said...

oh- and that picture is great! I'm impressed that you took it while you were driving. You best be careful :)