meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: A 5am blog post? This oughta be good.

Monday, October 03, 2005

A 5am blog post? This oughta be good.

It’s 5:48 A.M. and everyone is asleep. Only morons are up this late; especially morons that have 8am classes. [Looks around stupidly] Let me tell you though, God has a crazy way of coming through in the clinch. One thing I’ve been working on is my patience. So often I just can’t see God working and it frustrates me. I am here to tell you that we are all stupid humans. Yes, that includes George W. Bush and it includes every politician on the face of the planet. I don’t know about you all but I like the fact that George can’t speak very well in public. Everyone laughs at him when he stutters, even though I think he’s a very proficient speaker. He’s a man who speaks from his heart and it comes through in his presentations.

Joe’s 5am poems (no backspacing allowed)


Staring into mirrors that never end

I think of the messages I could never send

When the truth is you already knew

Exactly what I wanted to do


Why do we want what we can’t get?

If what we get is for the good

The good is for the best

Use it or lose it


Stupid stupid rain

It will not stop so it seems

But I wish it would

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Joe, not getting to bed till 6am- you aren't a moron, perhaps just a little crazy (and you said that yourself) :)
This blog definitely sounds like it was written in the early morning hours, but it's a good one!
Don't get frustrated when you aren't seeing God work. He is working all the time and He reveals himself to us in so many different ways. If you want to see him work- ask. We grow so much when our faith is tested. I used to struggle with not seeing God work in my life and I was jealous of people that were seeing God work. But then I realized the relationship is between me and God and I can't be comparing my relationship with others. Reflect on the times you have seen God work- he is working now.
As for GW he's a good man and I do agree he speaks from his heart. People need to leave him alone about his stuttering- who cares! I think I would stutter to if I had to talk to that many people.
I really enjoy how there is "no back spacing allowed" in this blog-nice touch!
As for the poetry corner- very enjoyable. I'm quite impressed you wrote this around 6am- good stuff. Perhaps you should write some poetry when you are really awake- I bet it would be wonderful, although maybe you work best in the wee hours of the morning- I guess you are the only one that knows...I think your blog at 6am sounds more coherent then my comment- its a bit random.

Joe Clarke said...

Hah, your comment is longer than my post! Lol, good job

Anonymous said...

wow, I did go a bit over board with my comment- it is longer then your post- geez! oh well, I guess I just had a lot to say.