meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; url=www.joeandsarabeth.com" The World According to Joe: Nap of the Century

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Nap of the Century


Today I took what I consider to be the best nap in my life. I feel like Joey from Friends, “That was a great nap.” First of all I went to sleep about 12:15 P.M. last night, which gave me about six and a half hours sleep until my alarm clock went off. I got up around 7:00 and headed over to the union for some early morning prayer with some comrades from Campus Crusade. After we had gotten coffee in us and felt mentally stable enough to talk to God, we prayed for a bit and then went to get breakfast. (Blogging sidebar-Have you ever had the breakfast sandwiches when they’re FRESH?! They’re actually tasty! They break apart in your mouth instead of having to tear them apart!) Sorry about that, I just get so excited because I ate them all last year and they NEVER tasted like that. So about 8:15 A.M. I returned to my dorm where I got in my bed for little nap, accompanied by one of my favorite napping groups; Iron & Wine. It was after this 1 hour and 15 minute nap that I’ve felt the best I’ve felt any morning this year. I was ready for the day! I think a large part of it had to do with the fact that I was already up and going. You know that stage of trying to wake up and you just can’t get with it? The one where about 30 minutes after waking up, you are still thinking to yourself, “I want nothing more than to close my eyes and sleep”? It was at that exact moment when I laid down in my bed. I highly recommend this technique, as it was one of the most relaxing moments of my year. If you want a reason to get up, try Tuesday mornings at 7:00 AM we have prayer right by the candy counter or somewhere in that lobby of the union. It’s really an incredible time and (if you don't have class) the afterwards naps are lets just say, awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joey C! Ya know what you've GOTTA do that a friend introduced me to?

Hypnosis

It's amazing dude, seriously. Get yourself an MP3 of a 10 minute or 15 minute hypnosis. It seriously hypnotises you and makes you feel like it's been a couple hours before you started when you wake up, and you feel freakin amazing when you do wake up from it.

Check it out on Limewire or somethin, or I could send it to you over AIM. Believe me, it's helped me through more than a few loooooooooong days.

PEACE!

-Chris-